Tuesday, July 21, 2009

REI Lincoln Park Garage Sale - Chicago




REI Lincoln Park Garage Sale

When: July 26th 2009 at 9:00 AM

Where:
  • 1466 North Halsted Street
  • Chicago, IL 60642




More Specifically:
  • 41° 54.476' N
  • 87° 38.891' W
  • Cost: FREE but must be an REI member

Whats the deal?: It is time for the Lincoln Park REI to clean out their stockpile of returned items, imperfect gear and outdated stock. Typically available is all types of camping and hiking gear, as well as shoes and clothes and even sometimes kayaks and biking items. They advertise that prices for could be up to 60% off, although at a previous REI garage sale, I have seen items discounted more than that. Get there early, for a better chance of snagging the best items. Previously I have purchased a "REI Rentals" 3 man tent for $20 at the REI Oakbrook Terrace Garage Sale. I will be there this time, and I hope you are there too...but hopefully behind me in line.