Thursday, August 20, 2009

Italian Solo Itinerary


On September 11th, I will depart on a solo journey through Italy that will conclude with me meeting up with friends for Oktoberfest, a short trip to Austria, and a few days in Prague. Because I am trying to explore the world without going broke, I will be staying in hostels for this leg of the trip. I booked them online, after sifting through a multitude of reviews, and even after that, it is pretty much a crapshoot. I will be happy if I do not see any bedbugs on my trip. The itinerary for the Italian portion of the trip is as below, as for an activity itinerary, I don't like to plan that far in advance. The beauty of a solo trip is that I can do whatever I want, whenever I want to do it.

September 11th: Fly from Chicago to Rome through Philadelphia
September 12th: Arrive Rome approx 8:30 AM
: Train to Naples
September 13th: Stay in Naples
September 14th: Train back to Rome
September 15hth: Rome
September 16th: Rome
September 17th: Train to Florence
: Stay in Florence
September 18th: Train to Venice
:Explore Venice for the day
: Night Train to Munich
September 19th: Arrive in Munich 6:30 AM


Hostels: Naples: La Controra Flashpackers Hostel
Rome: The Yellow Hostel
Florence: Florence Youth Hostel


Before my departure, I have some gear that I am hoping to buy. Included in this list is a new backpack(50-60 L), sunglasses, a money pouch, maybe a new Camera, and possibly some form of ultra-lite summer sleeping bag. I will keep the Adventuring Blog a breast of these pre-planning activities.