Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Euro Trip Day 5: Rome


Above: In front of the Basilica in the Vatican
Below: Drinking from the Fountain in front of the Spanish Steps


The following is an excerpt from The my travel journal chronicling my adventures in Europe.

9-16-09 Roma

"Went to the Vatican with Nick, a guy I met from New Zealand, and a tour group. We were
hoping to catch a glimpse of the Pope, but it was too crowded by the time we got there, so we only saw and heard him on the big screen TVs . The tour was very informative, and the ceiling and front wall of the Sistine Chapel are awesome! After we finished with the Vatican, Nick and myself walked to a few places including the Pantheon, Trevi Fountain, and the Spanish Steps. I was at the Spanish Steps the day before, but at the time did not realize that was where I was. We people watched on the steps, and drank a Heineken. Then we took the metro back to the hostel. I showered, and went to the Yellow Bar for some wine. After some wine, the Kiwis and myself went on a mission to get some food, and got lost. We ended up getting Donner Kabobs by the Termini. Donner Kabobs are delicious. After that, we retired to our room(which smells like an old shoe) for some sleep. Tomorrow is a big day, traveling to Florence."


Belvedere Statue in the Vatican. Known as the best ever statue of a human torso.
This guy really looks like he enjoys it.